The Customer Service area of Payroll is responsible for:
- Servicing customers in person at the Payroll Office Reception Area and via the phone.
- Processing the following types of documents or requests:
- Returned checks and re-mailing returned W-2s and 1042s.
- COBRA and health insurance payments.
- Emails from the Payroll Office web site links.
- Direct Deposit Authorization Forms and Check Distribution Information.
- "Stop Payments" for paychecks and interface with Bank of America.
- Retirement service credit requests for former staff.
Telephone and Fax
(734) 615-2000 option 2
(866) 647-7657 Toll Free
From an Ann Arbor campus University number, please dial 5-2000 option 1
Payroll@umich.edu (Please include your U of M Employee ID number)
Due to the Pandemic, the reception area remains closed. The Payroll Customer Service phone center is available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Paycheck Distribution, Direct Deposit Information
For specific questions about the distribution of your pay, send an email to Payroll@umich.edu or call one of the representatives below based on the first two numbers in your Employee ID.
|17 - 33, 0 - 3||Jerifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|34 - 50, 4 - 6||Laurieemail@example.com|
|51 - 66, 7 - 10||Sheilafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|67 - 82, 11 - 13||Yvonneemail@example.com|
|83 - 99, 14 - 16||Nicolefirstname.lastname@example.org|