FY2021 Unit Internal Controls Certification Plan
The Internal Controls Annual Gap Analyses, Written Procedures, and Certification Form (excel, word, and M-Reports) have been updated for FY2021. Key highlights are as follows:
- Cash Handling - Credit Cards
- Unit Administered Financial Aid
- Capital Equipment
- Postponed - PCard and Gift Cards due to reduced activity from the UM-wide the spending restrictions
- Core elements of the certification process, such as Fiscal Stewardship, Financial Results, and promoting the Compliance Hotline have been reinstituted this year
- Questions from last year's form related to non-essential expenditures and use of the COVID Program Code have been deleted
- New question this year regarding the tracking of university-owned equipment being used offsite
- The Information Assurance question this year focuses on the deployment of CrowdStrike Falcon, which provides anti-virus and anti-malware protection
The FY2021 Unit Internal Controls Certification Plan presentation compares this year's plan to plans from recent years and provides more details as well as links to resources and applicable templates.
The certification timing will be as in the past, with official requests being sent out at the end of August and signed responses due at the end of September. Requests will be distributed electronically (i.e., no paper mailing) and plans are for signature responses to be provided electronically, similar to last year.
For Gap Analysis Tools (excel) and Written Procedure Templates (word) see: http://finance.umich.edu/controls/tools
For a draft version of the FY2021 Certification Form see: http://finance.umich.edu/controls/certform