Lost or Damaged Checks

Lost or Damaged Checks

Students who have a lost or damaged a paycheck may submit a Lost Check Affidavit and receive a replacement check. Damaged checks may be brought to the Payroll Office along with the Lost Check Affidavit and a new check will be reissued within 1 business day. Lost checks may take 5 to 7 business days to reissue. 

Note: Reissued paychecks cannot be produced while a scheduled payroll process is running. 

Students with questions about lost financial aid refund checks should contact the Office of Financial Aid at financial.aid@umich.edu or 734-763-6600.  

Note: Federal Work-Study funding is not refunded through the Office of Financial Aid; it is earned through a Work-Study position, and issued via bi-weekly paychecks.

Direct Deposit

It is strongly encouraged that University of Michigan students enroll in direct deposit using Employee or Student Business in Wolverine Access. Direct deposit is a safe and convenient way for students to receive their paychecks and financial aid payment, and eliminates the chances of loss or damage. 

Students who have elected direct deposit and did not receive a deposit on the scheduled pay date may contact Payroll Customer Service 

Students expecting a financial aid refund that has not been processed should contact the Office of Financial Aid.