Retirement Service Credits

Retirement Service Credits

Former employees may request earnings information for prior service at the University to apply towards service credit in their current retirement system. The Payroll Office charges $15.00 to process these requests.

To make a request, follow these steps:

  1. Get a form from your current employer to be completed by our office. If your employer does not require a form, please state the information necessary to process your request.
  2. Attach a note or letter with your approximate dates of service. Also include an identification number such as your UMID or Social Security Number. This is necessary to locate your records.
  3. Mail the letter, form and check for $15.00 to:

The University of Michigan Payroll Office 
G395 Wolverine Tower - Low Rise 
3003 South State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1279
ATTN: Maria Mireles

Requests take approximetely three weeks to process after being received.