Effort Reporting Procedures – Effort Certification Status Report
To monitor the status of effort certification and ensure unit compliance, generate an Effort Certification Status Report in Wolverine Access by following the instructions listed below:
Note: The preferred browser for Windows and Macs is Chrome.
- On the U-M home page, click QUICK LINKS at upper right, then the last item, WOLVERINE ACCESS.
- Choose Faculty and Staff, and under University Business choose M-Pathways Human Resource Management System.
- Log in with your uniqname, password, and two-factor authentication.
- In the upper right-hand corner, choose the NavBar by clicking on the far-right icon that looks like a compass.
- Select the Navigator button to open up the Main Menu.
- Choose Workforce Administration, Workforce Reports, Effort Certification Status.
- If you have a Run Control ID, choose SEARCH. If you do not have one, choose ADD A NEW VALUE. Enter a name in the space provided. Do not use spaces in your Run Control ID name. Click ADD.
- You should then see a screen with a tab at the upper left that reads EFFORT CERTIFICATION STATUS.
- Click the magnifying glass next to the Fiscal Year/Term box. Choose LOOK UP and click the appropriate certification period, which will auto-populate this field.
- Enter an Org Group Code with or without an Admin Department or Appointing Department. Or, you can enter just an Admin Department or an Appointing Department. Remember that Payroll follows up on employees based on Administrative Department.
- Choose any combination of the available radio buttons: Certified, Not Certified, Needs Recertifying.
- Click RUN and wait for the next screen.
- Make sure SERVER TYPE is PSUNX. On the right side of the screen, make sure that TYPE is WEB and FORMAT is CSV.
- Click OK at lower left. The output will be pushed to your email. Open the email and click on DOWNLOAD. The output will appear in Excel.
Individuals who terminate employment during the fiscal year or graduate student term, cannot certify online. They must certify on printed As Needed Effort Certification Reports that you run for them in Wolverine Access. To identify these individuals, scan the Empl Status and Cert Status columns on the Effort Certification Status report for Ter/Retired.