All charges are due the last day of the month they are billed. Student Financial Services provides an ebill/invoice for any account that carries a balance or has had activity during the billing period. Monthly student account eBills/invoices are available electronically. eBills can be accessed by students and authorized Parents and Family members via Wolverine Access. The eBills/invoices are generally prepared during the second week of each month. Students and authorized Parents & Family members are notified by email when the eBill/invoice is available in Wolverine Access for viewing/printing. eBills/invoices generated in the last 12 months are available in Wolverine Access. As well as viewing the eBill/invoice on-line, each eBill/invoice may also be opened as an Adobe PDF file that can be viewed on-line, printed, or saved electronically for future reference.
Failure to view your eBill/invoice is not sufficient reason for not making payments when due.
Tuition, fees, room and board charges are due according to the following schedule:
|Spring Term 2017||April 30, 2017|
|Spring/Summer Term 2017||April 30, 2017|
|Summer Term 2017||June 30, 2017|
|Fall Term 2017||August 31, 2017*|
|Winter Term 2018||January 3, 2018*|
*Tuition and fees for 3rd & 4th year Medical School students are due as follows:
- Fall Term 2017: May 31, 2017
- Winter Term 2018: October 31, 2017
For information on current tuition and fee rates, please visit the Current Tuition & Fee Rates - Office of the Registrar webpage.
Pending Financial Aid
Pending aid is the amount of aid the university expects to post to your student account based on your financial aid award notice. If you are enrolled full-time (note: being wait-listed for a course does not count as enrollment) and you have signed the required documents for your awards (e.g., signed your loan documents), the pending aid will appear on your invoice. Important exceptions that are not reflected in pending aid include Work-Study funds, Child Care Subsidy, and some departmental funds that are paid directly to you. In addition, private and PLUS loans do not appear as pending aid but will appear on your account once financial aid awards are posted to your student account for the term. According to federal regulations, the university may post financial aid awards to your student account no sooner than ten days prior to the start of a term. As the invoices for fall and winter terms are generated before the university is permitted to post actual financial aid awards for the term, financial aid awards are posted as “Pending Aid”. Pending aid is posted for a short period of time for the purpose of generating the fall (August) and winter (December) term invoices. The intent is to provide a more accurate picture of your financial obligation on these invoices.
For general information concerning financial aid awards, please contact the appropriate Financial Aid Office listed below:
Financial Aid Office
Phone: (734) 763-6600
Inquiries: Direct Loans, Perkins Loans, Plus Loans, Grants, Emergency Loans, Michigan Competitive Scholarship, Departmental Scholarships/Fellowships
Medical School Financial Aid Office
Phone: (734) 763-4147
Law School Financial Aid Office
Phone: (734) 764-5289
Ross School of Business Financial Aid Office
Phone: (734) 764-5139
Parents & Family eBill Access
Parents & Family members will receive an email notification when the student's eBill is generated and available in Wolverine Access. A monthly eBill is generated when the student has an account balance or has had activity on his or her student account during the billing period.
- Login To View/Print eBill: Once the e-mail is received indicating that an eBill has been generated, the parent/family member will be directed to Wolverine Access to view/print the eBill using their “Friend” log in (or their U-M uniqname). To access the student's eBill follow the steps listed below:
- Go to Wolverine Access
- Select My Student's Information under Parents & Family
- Login using Friend logon or U-M uniqname.
- Select the Student from the Select a Student drop down box. Please note: If the parent/family designee has been given access to more than one student's account data, each student authorized will be listed in the Select a Student drop down box.
- Select Account Inquiry under the Finances Section.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Charges Due page and Select the Invoice to view/print from the Invoices section. Click the invoice number for the invoice to be viewed/printed. Printing Tip: It may be necessary to adjust the Adobe Acrobat default print settings so that the bill prints correctly.
Student eBill Access
Students are sent a monthly email notification to their U-M email account when the eBill is ready. Students may view/print their monthly eBill through Wolverine Access as follows:
- Go to Wolverine Access.
- Log on to Wolverine Access using U-M uniqname and kerberos password.
- Select Student Center.
- Select Account Inquiry under Finances section.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Charges Due page and Select the Invoice to view/print from the Invoices section. Click the invoice number for the invoice to be viewed/printed.