FY2022 Unit Internal Controls Certification Plan
The Internal Controls Annual Gap Analyses, Written Procedures, and Certification Form (excel, word, and M-Reports) have been updated for FY2022. Key highlights are as follows:
- Unit Administered Financial Aid
- Journal entry
- Travel & Expense (Concur)
- Stewardship of Gifts
- Core elements of the certification process, such as Fiscal Stewardship, Financial Results, and promoting the Compliance Hotline, Conflict of Interest/ Commitment, and University Audit corrective action remain.
- The question from last year's form related to the tracking of university-owned equipment being used offsite has been removed
- The Information Assurance question this year focuses on the discontinued use of Cosign, an outdated single sign-on web authentication system for unit-owned applications
The FY2022 Unit Internal Controls Certification Plan presentation compares this year's plan to plans from recent years and provides more details as well as links to resources and applicable templates.
The certification timing will be as in the past, with official requests being sent out at the end of August and signed responses due at the end of September. Requests will be distributed electronically (i.e., no paper mailing) and plans are for signature responses to be provided electronically, similar to last year.
For Gap Analysis Tools (excel) and Written Procedure Templates (word) see: http://finance.umich.edu/controls/tools
For a draft version of the FY2022 Certification Form see: http://finance.umich.edu/controls/certform