The Customer Service area of Payroll is responsible for:
- Servicing customers in person at the Payroll Office Reception Area and via the phone.
- Processing the following types of documents or requests:
- Returned checks and re-mailing returned W-2s and 1042s.
- COBRA and health insurance payments.
- Emails from the Payroll Office web site links.
- Direct Deposit Authorization Forms and Check Distribution Information.
- "Stop Payments" for paychecks and interface with Bank of America.
- Retirement service credit requests for former staff.
Telephone and Fax
(734) 615-2000 option 2
(866) 647-7657 Toll Free
From an Ann Arbor campus University number, please dial 5-2000 option 1
Payroll@umich.edu (Please include your U of M Employee ID number)
Payroll Web Site
Please check our website for announcements regarding office closures due to special events.
The reception area is open 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday-Friday.
Paycheck Distribution, Direct Deposit Information
For specific questions about the distribution of your pay, send an email to Payroll@umich.edu or call one of the representatives below based on the first two numbers in your Employee ID.
|00 - 15||Amandaemail@example.com|
|16 - 32||Jerifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|33 - 49||Laurieemail@example.com|
|50 - 66||Lorafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|67 - 83||Sheilaemail@example.com|
|84 - 99||Yvonnefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Title||Name||Phone Contact||Email Contact|
|Supervisor||Maria Mireles||(734) email@example.com|
|Manager||Lynn Mullaly||(734) firstname.lastname@example.org|